California attorney Kevin Cauley defends a select number of doctors, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists, and other licensed professionals in criminal and white-collar cases. Because of our specialized knowledge and experience in both criminal law and professional licensing, we also represent individuals charged with unlicensed practice. In addition, we routinely work in conjunction with other criminal defense attorneys to creatively resolve criminal cases in a manner that best protects your license and livelihood.
An arrest, plea or conviction can have far reaching consequences for licensed professionals, including therevocation, suspension or restriction of your professional license. In addition, an arrest, plea or conviction may result in the loss of employment, hospital privileges, specialty board certification and membership in professional organizations. Licensed healthcare providers may also be reported to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB), excluded from the Medicare and Medi-Cal programs and placed on the Office of Inspector General (OIG) Exclusions List.
We defend healthcare providers and other licensed professionals charged with:
- Controlled Substance Violations
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Initiated Cases
- False Claims Act Violations
- Federal Program Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Mail & Wire Fraud
- Medicare Fraud
- Medi-Cal Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Sex Crimes
- Tax Evasion & Fraud
- Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Unlicensed Practice
- White-Collar Crimes
- Other Offenses on a Case-by-Case Basis
In addition, we assist licensed professionals with:
- State and Federal Agency Investigations
- California State Licensing Board Appearances in Criminal Cases Pursuant to California Penal Code 23
- California Penal Code 1000 Drug Diversion; Deferred Entry of Judgment
- Requests for Modification/Early Termination of Probation
- Sentencing Assistance in Federal Criminal Cases
- Criminal Expungements (PC 1203.4)
- Certificates of Rehabilitation
- Applications for Pardon
- Habeas Corpus Appeals
- Issues Related to Criminal Histories
The stigma of an arrest or criminal conviction is cause for alarm for anyone. Licensed professionals, however, face even greater consequences - the resolution of your criminal case is not the end, but merely the beginning. Professional licensing boards and other regulatory agencies may take action against you now and for the rest of your career based upon an arrest or conviction.
We understand the importance of both your freedom and livelihood. Our practice works meticulously to resolve both your criminal and licensing case in the most advantageous manner possible. Let us help protect your license and good name.